Today I am writing a review about the e.l.f. Eyeshadow Collection Neutral Eyeshadow Compact (also known as the e.l.f. Essential Beauty School Eyeshadow Compact in Neutral). I bought this from one of my favorite stores, T.J. Maxx, for three dollars.
I was instantly drawn it's packaging; lately I 've been looking for a neutral compact because most of my colors are too bright for everyday use, so this looked perfect.
It came with a handy mirror and brush for on the go.
It came with a handy mirror and brush for on the go.
More than half of the shades are shimmer which I tend not to like, but that's just a preference of mine (as you can see above, the loose glitter has contaminated the other shades making it hard to see the differences between them so sorry about that!). This prooved to be not so good; the powder isn't pressed so well and I felt like it was all dusting off my eyes and onto my face agh.
Half of the other reviews I have read for this palette loved it and thought it was very pigmented and held well. The other half said that it was not pigmented at all and overall didn't like it. I agree with the non-likers, unfortunately. I don't know, maybe the colors sort of blended in with my skin tone, but I just felt like they were weak and barely made a difference on my eyes.
*Sorry for doing the swatches weird... I'm super sun burnt right now from biking and you can also see that my skin is peeling a bit agh. Anyways, I didn't want to mess up the look of the colors so I did it somewhere in between my forearm and underarm.*
But I did fall in love with one of the shades... the upper right one or the dark middle shade in the swatch above. It's a soft and creamy matte brown that blends beautifully and is super pigmented. It reminds me of high quality chocolate and that makes me hungry *stomach growls*.
Overall I did not really like this palette, but I know I will be reaching for the yummy chocolaty shadow a lot!
Currently listening to: Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
(wow that's a mouthful haha)
Currently listening to: Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
(wow that's a mouthful haha)
★
No comments:
Post a Comment