Monday, July 14, 2014

My Love for Bath and Body Works

For as long as I can remember, I have always wandered into the Bath and Body Works shop whenever I'm at the mall.  The sweet scents have attracted me, even when I was younger and shopping with my mom.  If you can resist their heavenly aromas, then hands down to you for being strong, but I sadly cannot.  I walked in there prepared to ONLY sniff the candles and try on a few fragrances, but I ended up staying there for longer than I'd like to reveal.  My friend bought the Eucalyptus Spearmint lotion and hand-sanitizer.  The fragrance's candle tempted me but it's price tag pushed me away.  I'll just wait till it goes on sale (which hopefully will be soon).  Thankfully I only bought one thing... the normally more-than-$25 Be Enchanted perfume which was marked down for only $7 (SCORE!!!).  I have literally been waiting for this for my entire life so thank god it has finally happened.  

Be Enchanted is my all time favorite scent from anything I have ever tried.  Anywhere.  Seriously, I feel like I could bathe in it forever.  I quote from the back of this scent, "Be Enchanted, a fresh, sparkling blend of iced pomegranate and sugared petals inspired by all that glitters."  Oh my goodness that sounds just lovely.  Usually I tend to lean toward citrus smells, but this one caught the attention of my nose a few years ago and I have been using it ever since.  I own the perfume, the body spray, two of the body shower gels (one of which is almost empty agh!), and the lotion.
 
Now here's the thing about lotions.  I don't like them.  I honestly cannot figure out why... maybe it's the texture, or the thought that I will have to reapply it everyday if I want my skin to stay soft.  I guess I sort of have a phobia of lotion haha.  Also the same thing goes for lip gloss.  Whenever I have tried using lip gloss or any other lip product for that matter, my lips have always gotten super dry if I wasn't constantly reapplying everyday.  So I usually stick to using little to nothing on my lips and they somehow stay magically soft and hydrated, so that's that.
Anyways back to Bath and Body Works, I wanted to express my excitement for a few new candles that I think were released a few days ago.  I am dying to get my hands on these!
  • Watermelon Lemonade - Quench your thirst for long summer days with a cool refresher of watermelon ice, sparkling water and freshly squeezed lemons (adjsflklsfjgh so excited!).
  • Peach Cilantro Twist - Capture all of the fun of a backyard bash with the fresh and fruity blend of early summer peach, fresh garden cilantro and a hint of juicy mango.
  • Sparkling Berry Fizz - Add some sparkle to a summer afternoon with the blend of sweet elderberry, tart black currants and bubbly spring water.
You can find the rest on their website but those are the titles that caught my eye.
I also happened to peek at their new candle line-up (is that what it's called?) for fall and I have to say, it looks pretty amazing so far.  Spiced Pumpkin Cider (because pumpkin smells delicious and is perfect for fall), Apple Orchard (it's a classic), Pumpkin Orchard (delicious plus classic haha), and last but not least, (the mysterious, I-wonder-what-this-smells-like) Sweater Weather.
Fall is a wonderful season and I cannot wait for my room to smell like it.  I wouldn't even mind going back to school just for it to come sooner!

Currently Listening To: Buffalo Solider by Bob Marley

No comments:

Post a Comment