Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

This morning after going to church, I waitressed (is that even a word?) for a community Mother's Day brunch.  I was the coffee and water person, along with two other highschoolers - apparently it's a 'big kid' job haha.  Occasionally I had to bus a few tables (clean up their plates) and set up new ones for incoming diners.  Overall it was a lot of fun but I know I would never make it as an actual waitress because my feet ached after only three hours of serving!  When I got home, I relaxed because I have a big project due tomorrow for school and I've barely gotten started on it *oops*.
But first, I decided to procrastinate some more by taking a few pictures:


My dad bought my mom two roses after church this morning as he always does on Mothers Day.

More on the topic of flowers, I am quite disappointed.  We've had really crummy weather lately; it barely even feels like spring!  But today was actually pretty nice and warm with a slight breeze.  So I've been watching our garden over these last few weeks for buds since they should already be blooming at this point in the year.  Sadly, these were the only two types of flowers I could find:


 I thought this bright yellow daffodil was a nice contrast to all the other currently green and brown plants.


To be honest, I actually don't know what these are (my mom is the knowledgeable gardener at my house) but the purple/blue shade is cute.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Mothers Day, and if you're a mother reading this, then go you!

No comments:

Post a Comment